Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the process take?
We can close on your property in as little as 10 days. You will revive our cash offer within 24 hours of your request.
Am I obligated to take the offer?
Absolutely not. Our offers are by no means obligated.
Do you buy homes that need repairs?
Yes, we especially buy homes that need repairs. One of the benefits of selling with us is that you won’t need to worry about the overwhelming cost of repairs to your home.
Can I sell if listed with an agent?
While we prefer that the property we not be listed with an agent, in some cases we can make an arrangement. However you may need to revoke the contract with your agent.
Can you pay market value for my property
As a home buying company we generally don’t purchase home at full market value. We invest time and money to renovate houses and make money once the house is back on the market. After answering your question and evaluating the condition of your house, we’ll make a fair, no-obligation cash offer that is based on the expected market value of your house after a full renovation, discounting the renovation time and costs.
While we buy at a discount, selling to Squarerise provides a number of benefits to the seller. These include the following:
- There’s no need to deal with realtors or realtor commissions.
- We cover normal closing costs.
- We pay cash — so there are never delays from banks, and deals don’t fall through because of financing.
- We buy “as is,” so you don’t have to worry about repairs or cleanup.
- We close on your schedule when you’re ready.
- If you’re in a rush, we can close in as little as three weeks, so you can move on
How do you determine the cash offer you’ll make?
Before making you an offer, we will evaluate a number of factors, including the following:
- The current condition of your house.
- The approximate cost of repairs and renovations required.
- The amount of time it will take to renovate your house.
- The future “post-renovation” value of your house, compared to other homes in the area.
- The amount of real estate commissions required to sell your home after renovation.
- The cost of maintaining the house until it’s ready to sell, including insurance, utilities, taxes, loan payments, and more.
The estimated future “post-renovation” value of your renovated house, minus these costs, helps us arrive at the cash offer that we make.
Do you just buy single family homes?
Absolutely not. We buy all kinds of real estate assets. Whether that be a SFR, townhouses, duplexes, apartment complexes and commercial real estate.
Do you charge a fee or commission?
No! We do not make money off fees nor will we charge you any commission.
How does the process work?
It is really simple! We follow a quick process that makes things easy for sellers:
- CALL US TO SCHEDULE A VISIT. Give us a little information about your house. You can do this by calling us at 425-686-8513, or by using the contact form on this website.
- GET A CASH OFFER. We will contact you to arrange a visitand answer any questions you have about us and evaluate the condition of your house. If buying makes sense from an investment standpoint, you’ll get a cash offer for your house.
- CLOSE ON YOUR SCHEDULE. You are under no obligation to accept the cash offer. But if you do, we’ll set up a closing time that works for you, so you can get your cash and move on as quickly as you wish.
Who usually sells to Squarerise?
People from all walks of life sell to us, but they all share one thing in common: They want to sell a house quickly, to a trusted home buyer who can make a cash offer and close on their schedule.
Here are just some of the reasons people sell to us:
- Need to sell an inherited property quickly.
- Want to unload a rental property with problem renters.
- Relocating or job transfer.
- Going through a divorce.
- Falling behind on mortgage payments and facing possible foreclosure.
- Not wanting to deal with a structural or repair issues.
- Simply moving, but not wanting to mess with repairs, painting, or cleaning.
- …and more
Do you buy properties in pre-foreclosure?
Many tax authorities will mail an informational copy of the real estate tax statement to the homeowner in addition to the Credit Union. However, there are some statements tax authorities do not forward to the credit union, and in special cases we will need your assistance in obtaining the bill. If you receive a statement for any of the following, please forward it to our office by mail or fax.
- delinquent real estate taxes
- supplemental or additional real estate taxes
- special assessments
- if the tax authority will not honor a bill request from another party.
Do you buy Inherited homes?
Yes, we do purchase homes that are inherited.
How are you different than a realtor?
First off, we do not list homes. We are the actual buyers that will buy your home on the spot if it fits our criteria. When you work with a realtor they will market the property on hopes that someone will buy it. With an agent the average time to sell a property in many markets right now is 6-12 months. As you know, you pay a commission as a % of the sales price when you work with a real estate agent. Often times it’s 5-6% of the sales price so if it’s a $500,000 house(Average Seattle Home Price), you’ll pay between $25,000 – $30,000 in commissions to an agent. Agents provide a great service for those that can wait 6-12 months in many cases to sell and who have room to pay the commission on the sale. Our company actually buys houses. We don’t list houses. Since we’re actually the one buying the house from you, and we pay with all cash… we can make a decision to buy your house within a couple days (sometimes the same day). Again, we make our money by taking the risk to buy the house with our own cash, repair the house, and market it ourselves to find a buyer (which is the hard part in this market)
Can I still sell my house if I’m in the process of evicting a tenant or have tenant troubles?
Yes. We can close escrow with the tenant occupying the property.
Can I sell if there are people living in the home?
Yes, if the home is rented and occupied, we will purchase it; in fact, in many cases after purchasing, we will allow the tenants to stay in the home. However, if this is the case, inform us so that we do not scare the occupants in the home. Many tenants will be surprised to see inspectors outside the home if they are living there
What should I do if I’m uncertain or overwhelmed?
Things will get better, you have to realize this is just one tough patch in your life. Tens of thousands of owners have gone through the same and gotten through it, so you will too. Don’t try to get rid of this problem on your own, a distressed property professional, such as our team, should be with you by your side. Lastly, if there is legal terminology you don’t understand, try to have a legal dictionary by your side, to get you through the paperwork during the process.
Who is Squarerise?
Squarerise is a real estate company based out of Seattle, WA. We mainly buy homes that are in need of repairs and help sellers get rid of a property they need to sell. We specialize in many real estate investment fields and assets, but buying homes in need of repairs is our main investment.
Who pays closing costs?
We do. A lot of the times we are willing to pay the closing cost to help escalate the closing process and so you can have one less thing to worry about.
How do I get paid? Who pays off my mortgage when I sell my house?
Once closed you can collect the funds in one of two ways:
- By means of a certified bank check
- Direct wire into your bank account
The title company will issue funds directly to you at closing. The title company will also payoff off any mortgages, taxes owed, homeowners association fees, and any other items that are due.
Can I sell my house even if I owe taxes/mortgage?
Yes! Squarerise and the title company work together to order payoffs for any and all debt owed and those final payoffs are made from your total proceeds at closing.
Sometimes sellers ask: “should I pay off my mortgage/ pay off my taxes before we close?” and our advice is to wait and allow the title company to handle all of the final settlement costs. The title company needs the releases of lien and proof of payment for all debt in order to insure the title. It’s often faster to let the escrow company handle these payoffs – this way the title company knows the debts have been paid and we don’t have to wait for the releases to come in before closing.
Do I need to fix anything around the house?
No. You do not need to fix anything, we purchase properties in ‘as-is’ condition so you don’t have to worry about repairs.
When do I need to move out?
Once we can set a date for closing you will know the exact date to schedule your move. Closing is when the final papers are signed, you receive your money, and when ownership transfers out of your hands. By this time, the house should be empty and vacant unless we make other arrangements based on your specific needs. We begin the process of repairs and maintenance on the property immediately after closing and anything left behind will be donated to charity or disposed of.
How fast is the whole process?
The whole process takes between 10 to 30 days from contract to closing, depending on the status of title and the terms of the offer. At Squarerise we can accommodate your specific needs – just let us know how we can best serve you.
I think I’m ready to sell, what’s my next step?
Reach out to us by calling us at 425-686-8513 or fill out the contact form on our home page. We will get back to you within 24 hours, and hopefully, start the process of solving your house problems!
Still seeking answers? Feel free to contact us and we will respond to you promptly.